“Hands down, Marcela is one of the best investments I made for my book. She not only provided me with detailed suggestions on how to sharpen my novel, she gave me concrete advice about the publishing industry. I owe Marcela a debt of gratitude for her part in helping make my debut successful. You might find another editor, but you will not find a better editor.”—K.L. Brady, author of The Bum Magnet
A manuscript critique provides:
1) a complete reading of your manuscript by me;
2) an editorial letter which details how to hone your craft and manage your career; plus
3) verbal feedback via phone for up to one hour.
Manuscript critiques are completed in approximately three weeks. To reserve a spot on my calendar, I require payment and a signed agreement. Payment can be made via PayPal, check, or money order.
Manuscript Critique Fee: $999
To schedule a manuscript critique, please do the following:
1) Go to the Categories page to determine if I work with your kind of writing.
2) Visit the FAQ page, as the answers to some of your questions may already be there.
3) E-mail the information requested below to email@example.com, and put “Manuscript Critique Request” in the subject line.
4) Attach the first ten pages of your manuscript to the e-mail. Many thanks in advance.
Home mailing address:
What is the title of your work?:
What is the nature of your work (e.g. novel, short story collection, memoir, etc.)?:
If your work is fiction, what kind is it (fantasy, science fiction, literary, etc.)?:
Is it for adults, young adults, or children?:
What is the word count of the manuscript?:
How many drafts have you written?:
Is it written in English or Spanish?:
Is the manuscript complete?:
How many years have you worked on it?:
Have you worked with an editor on this manuscript before? If yes, how many editors have you worked with and who were they?:
What is your writing background (e.g. journalism, MFA, college creative writing courses)?:
Who recommended me to you? If you weren’t referred to me, how did you find out about my services?: